Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa


Starting March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.

Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and are strongly encouraged to travel with a valid Canadian passport.

All travellers must present acceptable travel documents and identification must be presented at the border.

We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays.

It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA.

The organizers will not provide financial support.

Delegates to the Conference qualify as business visitors to Canada. Firstly, one should find out if one needs a visa to enter Canada. Visa exemptions are provided to citizens of many countries and territories such as Australia, Britain, France, Germany, Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, United States, etc. However, citizens of a few other countries such as China, India, Philippines, South Africa, etc. require a visa to enter Canada.

General information

General information on visa exemptions and requirements can be found on the government of Canada’s website.

Visa application

Visa applications can be made online or through a paper application. To apply on paper, the application package can be obtained from the following link: Application for Visitor Visa fom.

Visa application fees

Application fees per person for a single or multiple entry visas are $100 (CAD). In most countries, application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars.

Visa offices

The nearest visa office can provide more information on fees and also assist in submitting the application.

Visa processing time

The processing time varies depending on the visa office applied to. For exact processing times, refer here.

Invitation letter from WPTC

For people who need an invitation letter from WoW for visitor visa application, please forward "Your registration for 2018 WoW is confirmed" email with your contact address to

Note: Invitation letters will only be issued to Speakers/Presenters/Exibitors/Attendees who have paid their registration fees in full.